Tuesday 19 July 2011

GetFanged Interviews Author Karen Dales

I know one thing about your vampires - they DON’T sparkle. In your Chosen Chronicles, how do you address some of the issues series like Twilight created, especiallyin the way people see vampires?

Very often, when I'm at a convention or expo, I receive the "Oh My God, not another Twilight rip off" look. I quickly indicate that this is not anything like Twilight and that The Chosen Chronicles was written for adults. At that point the individual(s) relax and become friendly. They become more open to checking out the book and hearing what I have to say. Twilight has done a great disservice in some respects to the vampire genre, but at the same time it has done some good things. For The Chosen Chronicles Twilight has become a great sounding board to let me know whether or not someone would be interested in my book. If they don't like Twilight or YA vampire fiction then I know they'll like mine. I'm told by many fans of Anne Rice that they love my work too.

http://getfanged.com/group/interviews/forum/topics/getfanged-interviews-author-karen-dales

No comments:

Post a Comment